If you are like me, you are looking to live a life that is true to who God made you. You want to love God, love your family, and seerve from a place of wholeness... and you know that this kind of life doesn't just happen. It takes intentionality and focus.
Sometimes, you need someone to walk alongside you. That is what I do. I help people live rooted in God and true to themselves.
You want to live
- A peaceful rhythm
- Connected to God, yourself, and those you love
- A life with meaning and purpose
And you DON'T want to live
-The life of others' expectations
-Frantic and overscheduled
-Empty and depleted
You want to find the way of living that brings peace to your soul.
For most of us, this doesn't just happen, though, does it?
It didn't for me.
I lived many years in ministry trying to meet other's expectations. Rather than living out of how God wired me, I lived according to what I thought everyone needed from me. And that landed me in a place where I was depleted.
Through years of intentional healing, I looked around me and realized that I was not the only one. There are many pastors' wives looking for peace in their lives, purpose in their work, and harmony in their family.
I have been a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist for 16 years. And when I learned more about spiritual direction, silence, and solitude, I became a Certified Spiritual Director through Christos Center. I am thankful for the education I have had at Southeastern University and Fuller Theological Seminary.
My husband, Adam, is the Lead Pastor at Pathways Church and we have two crazily and gloriously different daughters, Grace and Ella. I love hiking, wearing tennis shoes, and simple beauty in life. Good food and great friends make me happy.
I started Tree by Water to create a space, online or in person, for poeple to grow and heal.
We do several things around here:
1. Online Programs
- "Soul Focus"- Soul Focus is a monthly spiritual direction session. This is my favorite thing to do! It is completely individualized to taylor the stage, needs, and growth opportunities for each individual. Check it out here! If you would like to get information on a free 30 minute session (no obligation to continue!), click here.
- "Sabbatical Rest Program" (soon to come!) - This program is designed to have guidance and spiritual direction as you take your sabbatical. This also is a great option for those of you who can't take a full sabbatical, but you feel led to step back from some obligations to focus on a time of growth, healing, or increased intimacy with God.
- I conducts retreats in Wisconsin. I am also available to come and lead a retreat for a group that you organize. Check out retreats here!
- "Desperate Rest" will be available soon. This book about sabbaticals is an account of my sabbatical and a guide for yours.
- Tree by Water Blog can be found here. A few of the most read blogs are "Answering a Different Question," and the "Spiritual Disciplines" Blog series, which has 5 parts. You can check the 1st part out here.
- In person therapy information can be found here.
If you want to stay up-to-date on what is happening, sign up for the Email List Here or below!
Love and Peace,